Solar Permitting Coordinator:
Hep is a dynamic and innovative renewable energy company committed to making a positive impact on the environment. We are seeking a versatile and motivated individual to join our team as an Office Administrator and Solar Permitting Coordinator. In this unique role, you will play a crucial part in the day-to-day operations of our office while also coordinating the permitting process for our solar projects.
• Provide travel and logistical support including booking and managing airfare, hotel, and rental car arrangements.
• Assist with global company communications between Canada, USA& Germany.
• Handle general administrative tasks such as filing, data entry, and managing office databases. • Perform research to find competitive vendors, negotiate to establish and maintain best pricing and terms.
• Manage vendor qualification process and vendor relationships.
• Maintain office supplies and equipment, placing orders as needed, and ensuring a well-organized workspace.
• Coordination of internal documents. Create reports, memos, letters, and other documents.
• Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties. Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence including emails.
• Provide professional and collaborative support for leaders exercising independent judgment and discretion to ensure optimal work and information flow.
• Brief assigned leaders on upcoming commitments and responsibilities. Provide follow-up as appropriate.
• Support AR/AP and data entry process as needed.
• Support Development Manager to maintain project schedules to track activities.
• Coordinate the regulatory applications process for new solar applications, renewals and amendments ensuring compliance with municipal, provincial, and federal regulations.
• Coordinate stakeholder engagements to support permits and approvals.
• Maintain a detailed record of permit status, deadlines, and approvals.
• Coordinate with project managers and engineers to gather technical data and site-specific information for permits.
• Respond promptly to inquiries and requests from permitting authorities.
• Stay up to date with changes in permitting requirements and regulations.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
• Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
• Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
• Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
• General understanding of the energy market and/or energy permitting process in Alberta.
• High school diploma.
• Five years of administrative experience.
• Five to ten years providing support for upper-level management.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period. Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous conditions.
Travel required as need.